Allie's Corner ~ The Beginning

The History of the House


Hello! My name is Allie Hipwell. This year in English we were told that 20% of the week, one day of the week, we can write about whatever we want. I really wanted to do a blog, but I did not know what I wanted to blog about. I realized that my mom blogged about real estate so I thought I might give it a try! With ideas from my teacher, I was able to come to the conclusion that I wanted to write about my perspective when flipping a house. 


The first house I am going to write about a house on Klamath Court in San Dimas or as we call it, “The Lightning House”. We sometimes call it the lightning house because it was once struck by lightning in 2005. After it was struck by lightning the owner stated to repair the damage, but in May of 2007 she decided to restart the whole house from scratch, so she tore it down completely to build a brand new one. The new layout of the house she created was a similar layout, but it was just bigger than the old one. The lady's husband passed away in 2009 so they had to stop construction on the house, so no one has lived on that site for 14 years, and no one has ever lived in this home! 

While making our journey from La Verne to San Dimas, my parents saw this house and my parents really liked its safe location and neighborhood, view, and layout of the house, but the lady who owned it did not want to sell it. My parents watched the house go on and off the foreclosure calendar, but it never went to auction. They tried buying the house from the owner but they could not work out the details before the house would be sold at auction in May 2019. The house had a lot of tax liens but an investor purchased it at the auction, and my parents were able to buy the house from the investor a little later, free of liens and with title insurance.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.