Flooring

I love the final look of each and every home we remodel. I don't love the decision making process it takes to get there. I scroll through Instagram or pin on Pinterest and find all sorts of looks I love, but bringing that image to life would most likely leave me with a "Pinterest Fail" post. For me, this is where it helps to get an expert opinion from others. 

Remodel completed in July 2019.

I started out this morning at the showroom of our favorite flooring contractor. He had several choices for us and I specifically asked about "Luxury Vinyl Tile" which is becoming more and more popular and was first mentioned by our interior designer. While this is vinyl, it carries a similar price tag as tile. Rigid Core Vinyl Flooring is an engineered vinyl floor that has an enhanced rigid core construction for dimensional stability. A rigid core vinyl will be a solid plank that has less pliability, giving it a sturdy feel to install and under foot. This floor is an improved version of traditional vinyl floors that adds more of a wood floor feel to a vinyl.* There were a lot of options, and it really does look like and feel like wood. 

Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Tile:
  • Waterproof
  • Appearance
  • Quieter Sound
  • Easy Maintenance and Cleaning
  • Easy to Install
Luxury Vinyl Tile is becoming more common.


I definitely recommend taking the samples home. Many times something looks fabulous in a showroom, yet when taken to the location of installation it doesn't look as well. This is exactly what happened today. I brought a sample I loved back to the project, but I can see it just doesn't give it the look I am going for. Also, don't be afraid to change your mind in the planning stages. After I brought the luxury vinyl back to the project and asked the opinion of a trusted real estate professional, we decided porcelain tile would be the best fit for the project. It is much easier to change your mind before material is purchased than after. Back to the drawing board for me in regards to the interior flooring.  
 

What I loved in the showroom doesn't fit with the look I am going for.

Finally, give yourself enough time to decide. I brought back this tile sample for the exterior patio. Not sure I will use this particular one, but since I now have a picture I can think about it and decide what we want to do. They have about 10 days left on exterior paint, so if I think about it over the weekend we will still be OK on our timeline. However, don't wait too long. Some materials take longer to get and you never know when the prices will change.

I really like this look, but I am going to think about it for a few days before committing.


*Information on Rigid Core Vinyl Flooring provided by:
https://www.bestlaminate.com/help/what-is-rigid-core-vinyl-flooring/

No comments

Powered by Blogger.